On July 15th 1944, in this area under the town of Montombraro two German soldiers were killed during an ambush. After two days, “Compagnia della morte” fascists, headed by Enrico Canarini, took 40 people of this area.

They were tortured in the Castelletto cinema: 20 were liberated and the others hanged on July 18th in the same place of the ambush. Their names are written on the monument that nowadays remembers the massacre.