In this village, the division of the partisan brigade “Red Star” took place. It was headed by Mario Musolesi, called “il Lupo” (“the Wolf” )who arrived here in June 1944.

After a clash with “il Lupo”, Sugano Melchiorri left with 120 partisans and reached the free area of Montefiorino. Now it is used as an “educational farm” and has a virtual path discovering food during war time.