A headstone in the car park near the Park’s Visitor Centre commemorates the 8 partisans and 2 legionaries who died in the famous battle of March 12th, 1944. A partisan group that had just been created by Leonida Patrignani “Bandiera” arrived here waiting for new weapons.

It was attacked by GNR detachments and by the army, and there was a fierce battle that lasted 10 hours. After the battle the group dissolved.