It is the main mountain between the Reno and Panaro rivers, on the Bologna-Modena border. During the war it was an important stronghold of the German Gothic Line and it was repeatedly attacked by the Americans and Partisans.
It was taken on February, 20th 1945, when the final offensive started. On its summit, among the medieval castle remains, there is a cross with a headstone. Nowadays it is still possible to find holes, trenches and bunkers.